Rewind Back in Time

For the love and appreciation of the Classic TV shows, music, movies, pop culture, history, etc. of the past few decades (mainly the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's).

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ringo Says He'll Never Tour With Paul McCartney

In an interview with Access Hollywood, Ringo Starr says that he and former Beatles band mate Paul McCartney will "never" go on tour together.

The former Beatles bandmates have not toured together since the 1960s and Ringo insists that this is not going to change. He told US show Access Hollywood: “I haven’t toured with Paul since ’65." [Actually I believe it's '66]

“We’re never going to do it. We are not going to tour together. I go with my band. He goes with his.”

Asked whether retirement looms in the near future, Starr also said not to count on it.

"The blessing of being a musician is you can go until you drop," he said. "As long as I can hold those damn sticks, I'll be fine. I might be playing the blues, but I'll be fine," he said, laughing.

Ringo turns 65 tomorrow, July 7th. For info on his Beatles predecessor, Pete Best, see my May 11th entry below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home